Our mission is to provide a safe, secure home for any data that we collect that is transparent and accessible whenever it is needed. The following policy describes how we collect, use, and handle your personal information when you use our websites, software, and services [“Services”]. For more information and details, please feel free to contact us.
What information of yours do we have?
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve, and protect our Services:
Contact Information. As we value all of our customers, we securely store the contact information [email, address, phone number, and any other volunteered contact information] for any key contacts in your organization that we may need to reach. We may also store financial and banking information in some limited circumstances.
Your Data. Our Services are designed to allow you to archive your files, documents, photos, comments, messages, etc. [“Your Data”]. To make that possible, we may store, process, and transmit Your Data as well as information related to it [i.e. metadata]. We do not, however, have access to Your Data unless you specifically allow us access. For example, if you simply use our archive to store Your Data, we do not see or have access to see what you store. However, if you use our professional or managed services, we may have access and be able to see the data stored in your archive depending on the service or support we are providing. If you terminate our Services, Unified Global Archiving follows strict standards and specific processes for removing any of Your Data that we have hosted on our systems.
Usage information. We collect information related to how you use the Services and our website in order to improve the experience for you and others.
Device information. We also may collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices [depending on their settings] may also transmit location information to the Services.
Marketing. We occasionally contact existing customers with information about updates, new products, privacy, security, etc. We also sometimes contact those who do not yet use our Services. For recipients in the EU, we or a third party will obtain consent before contacting you. If you receive an email and no longer wish to be contacted by Unified Global Archiving, you can unsubscribe by letting us know you no longer wish to receive our emails or phone calls.
Bases for processing your data. We collect and use the personal data described above in order to provide customers with Services in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use personal data for our legitimate business needs to deliver the Services to you, including for marketing and promotional purposes. To the extent we process your personal data for other purposes, we will ask for your consent in advance.
With whom do we share information?
We may share information as discussed below, but we will never sell it to advertisers or other third parties.
Your Designees. You can give authorized personnel access to your information and account. Just remember that you will be responsible for their use of the information.
Legal. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or appropriate government request.
That’s It. Stewardship of your data is critical to us and it is a responsibility that we embrace. We believe that your data should receive the same legal protections regardless of whether it’s stored in the cloud or on-premise. We will abide by the following principles when receiving, scrutinizing, and responding to government requests [including national security requests] for your data:
- Be transparent,
- Fight blanket requests,
- Protect all users, and
- Provide trusted services.
How Do We Share Information?
Security. We have policies and procedures designed to keep your information secure. These procedures include testing for vulnerabilities. We also continue to work on features to keep your information safe in addition to things like keeping a business continuity plan, two-factor authentication, encryption of files, and alerts in the case of a breach. We deploy automated technologies to detect abusive behavior and content that may harm our Services, you, or other users.
Retention. When you purchase our Services, we will retain the information you store on our Services for as long as you have a valid agreement with us, or as long as we are legally required to, whichever is shorter. Your account is in existence or as long as we need it to provide you the Services. Please note that we may retain some of your information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements.
Where is Your Data stored?
On Your Premises. Our on-premise customers can rest assured that their data is only stored in their own environment. We only have access to it if you engage in other Services with us and provide us permission and access.
In The Cloud. Our customers that choose our hosted Services [or some combination of the two with our PremCloud solution] will have their data and information stored in one of our secure, state-of-the-art data centers.
In a Specific Location. Customers who must maintain their data in a geographic location, such as within the EU can utilize our PremCloud Services to find the best place for Your Data. Unified Global Archiving complies with international data protection laws regarding transfers of customers’ data across borders.
How We Deal with Changes
Reorganization. If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you [for example, via a letter or message to the email address associated with your account] of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
Removal. Unified Global Archiving will remove your data upon request and cease any and all use for marketing purposes. A backup of your data may be kept in our archive subject to company retention policies or legal obligations.
Your Right to Control and Access Your Information
You have control over your personal information and how it is collected, used, and shared. For example, you have a right to:
- Erase or delete all or some of Your Data [at your own discretion].
- Change or correct personal data. You can manage the contact information that we have on file by reaching out to your account executive.
- Access your data. You can request a copy of your data that is stored in our systems.
For California Residents
California residents have certain rights regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act [“CCPA”]. For purposes of this section, the term “Personal Information” means Personal information under Cal. Civ. Code 1798,140[o].
The California Consumer Protection Act provides California residents with the following rights regarding their personal information:
- Right of Access/Right to Request. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that Unified Global Archive disclose to you the categories of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling such information, the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information, the categories of information we have sold about you or disclosed about you for a business purpose, and the personal information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
- Right to Deletion. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that Unified Global Archiving delete the personal information we collect from you. However, in certain situations, we are not required to delete your personal information, such as when the information is necessary to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, to provide a good or service requested by you, to comply with a legal obligation, to engage in research, to secure our websites or other online services, or to otherwise use your personal information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to Opt-Out of the sale of Personal Information. If you are a California resident and Unified Global Archiving sells your personal information to third parties, you have the right, at any time, to direct us not to sell your personal information. Unified Global Archiving does not sell personal information.
- Right not to be subject to Discrimination. Unified Global Archiving shall not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any rights described above.
You may make a request for your information only twice in a 12 month period, and we will need to collect information from you to verify your identity. We will respond within 45 days of receiving your personal information request.
For all access and deletion requests, please see our Contact Us section below or call our Data Protection Officer, Alexis Pietraszkiewicz, at 716.229.8922.
Please note that we will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights to your data. For more information on your right to control and access your personal information, please contact us.
Unified Global Archiving encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Unified Global Archiving does not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the means described in the Contact Us section below and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
Have questions or concerns about Unified Global Archiving, our Services, and privacy? Contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].